Coaching Operations Manager / Administrative Business Partner
Trium is a world-class consulting firm that combines the sophistication of McKinsey, the creativity of IDEO, and the intimacy of an elite boutique firm. It’s really one of a kind.Darren Gold, Partner
We are seeking an experienced client-services professional who is passionate about improving operational systems and managing intricate scheduling tasks across a variety of stakeholders in a fast-paced business environment. This is a highly-engaged role that is suited for a best-in-class support professional who is seeking a career that will challenge them both personally and professionally. While the majority of the responsibilities within this position are clearly defined, the role also affords a unique opportunity to leverage creativity and innovation to help advance and scale the operational capabilities of a coaching practice that is experiencing the rapid growth trajectory of an exciting startup. If you are looking for a place where you can make a huge impact, where each member of the team is constantly bringing their A-game, and where you will be perpetually challenged to excel, then Trium is the place for you.
What we are looking for:
- 5-10 years’ experience in project management, executive administration and/or operations roles in which you successfully balanced priorities and managed scheduling across multiple key stakeholders
- Meticulous work ethic and detail-orientation with a passion for complex coordination
- Ability to produce well thought-out, sophisticated correspondence with both internal and external stakeholders that consistently meets our standard of excellence and customer service.
- A high level of emotional maturity coupled with a scrupulous & analytical approach to your work
The Coaching Operations Manager drives day-to-day coaching operations at Trium, managing complex team and individual coaching engagements across 100+ executives, and 15+ coaches. Key activities include project management, internal and external relationship management, and operational improvement. This role entails a unique array of responsibilities that afford a rich opportunity for growth and impact. From engaging on the front lines and developing crucial relationships with clients and coaches, to handling the critical “heads-down” operational work of scheduling and data management, to the exciting and entrepreneurial aspects of partnering with coaching leadership to evolve and scale the business. This role demands an acute attention to detail and a proactive, resourceful orientation to effectively balance competing priorities and handle both small details and larger strategic projects with care, precision, and dexterity.
If you describe yourself in the following ways, this role could potentially be a great fit for you:
- Experienced, high-powered support professional who is fulfilled by work that involves multifaceted, fast-paced scheduling tasks, and is passionate about designing operational improvements that streamline processes and create leverage within a system
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful go-getter who is excited by multi-dimensional problem solving and isn’t afraid to ‘fix the plane while flying the plane’
- Someone who is inspired by the idea of playing a dynamic, indispensable and ‘behind-the-scenes’ role in delivering transformational impact to prominent senior executives
- Action-oriented, hard-working, and meticulous self-starter with a passion for enabling people to do their best work
This role centers around the following responsibilities:
- Scheduling & Administration
- Proficiently manage a diverse array of complex individual and group scheduling tasks, including coordinating availability and preferences across numerous clients through a composed, efficient, and well-organized approach
- Self-sufficiently execute scheduling and coordination tasks based on an array of variables including engagement timelines, individual client and coach preferences, and contract parameters
- Demonstrate an ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking immediate action and proposing and identifying solutions
- Independently craft clear, concise, and sophisticated correspondence that consistently instills confidence and trust with key stakeholders
- Work closely with Coaching Director and Ops Manager to track and elevate key priorities, manage project logistics, and propose thoughtful approaches to execute against project timelines
- Develop an efficient system for monitoring and tracking coach availability and preferences in order to provide outstanding service and support to our coaches
- Project Management
- Structure, lead and execute operational aspects of multifaceted coaching timelines, including launching diagnostic assessments, coordinating key meetings, and tracking relevant data and deliverables
- Accurately and comprehensively track all coaching-related data and ensure files are kept well-organized, up to date, and accessible
- Regularly interface with and effectively communicate relevant project information and updates to coaching leadership
- Ensure timeline of coaching engagement is on track, resolve conflicts proactively, and, if necessary, escalate engagement issues in a timely and organized fashion
- Coordinate tasks and make careful, yet quick decisions in a way that balances conflicting priorities and supports the team in completing projects and meeting critical deadlines
- On occasion, support with drafting client proposals, contracts and project deliverables including some light PowerPoint work
- Operational Process Improvement
- Proactively identify needs around process improvements and propose solutions (e.g. system for reconciling coach invoices, approach to streamline group scheduling process, training manuals for assessments and other tools, useful reports and dashboards, research on platforms, tools and add-ons that would expedite tasks, etc.)
- Partner with Coaching Director to design and implement broader operational solutions to streamline and automate recurring essential processes such as scheduling and data tracking
- Implement tools and approaches that would simplify communication and project management across ops managers and client teams and quickly add value and leverage within the system
- Collaborate with Coaching Director and the Head of the Coaching Practice on special projects which might include: financial modeling, forecasting, and profitability analysis, enhancing marketing collateral, revamping coaching IP, executing BD campaigns, etc.
- Collaborate, partner, and pitch in: Everyone on the Trium project team, regardless of position, title, or experience, is fully accountable for helping our clients achieve their desired outcomes
The Trium Group is a west coast-based management consulting firm that helps organizations solve their most complex strategic, operational, cultural and leadership challenges. Trium delivers its work with a unique, higher-level mission: to change the world by changing the way business leaders think. Since it was founded in 1998, Trium has served more than 150 leading global companies including Activision, Barclays Global Investors, Cisco, Dropbox, GE, Gap, Genentech, Lululemon, McKesson, NetApp, SAP, Sephora, StubHub, VMware, and Virgin Atlantic Airways.