Trium is a world-class consulting firm that combines the sophistication of McKinsey, the creativity of IDEO, and the intimacy of an elite boutique firm. It’s really one of a kind.Darren Gold, Partner
We are seeking a Manager to help realize our mission to change the world by changing the way business leaders think. This is a rare opportunity to engage in the traditional management consulting practice of defining and implementing strategy while focusing deeply on the human dynamics that go into long term business success.
We operate out of the Jackson Square neighborhood in San Francisco and in Los Angeles. We are building out our teams in both regions. This is a particularly exciting point in Trium history because we are at an intersection of 20 years of very successful client engagements and thought leadership but are also experiencing a growth trajectory that is reminiscent of a newly formed high-growth company. We have a need for high-energy, forward focused, experienced business leaders to really drive this increasingly important work. If you are looking to increase your impact and can describe yourself in the following way, you might want to take a closer look at this opportunity:
- An experienced management consultant with a strategy or organizational effectiveness background
- A practiced business professional with leadership experience
- A highly focused passion for management consulting in San Francisco
You will have essential responsibility to meet with top-tier business leaders, diagnose organizational health, define and communicate strategic vision, lead engagements, and have a significant hand in firm leadership. This role centers around the following responsibilities:
- Diagnose root challenges and distill qualitative and quantitate data into meaningful insights
- Communicate with clients to understand their system more clearly, the issues they face, and the mindsets and behaviors that will support their transformative vision
- Structure, frame, and solve complex organizational and execution problems
- Work with a team to diagnosis problems, design interactive client experiences and facilitate client interactions ranging from project check-ins to breakout groups or large off-sites
- Provide thought leadership around the research, development, and implementation practices of Trium intellectual property
- Influence the business development pipeline through the growth and maintenance of strong client relationships
- Play a meaningful role in firm leadership by enabling professional development, mentoring, team leadership, and recruiting
- Collaborate, partner, and pitch in; Everyone on the Trium project team, regardless of position, title, or experience, is fully accountable for helping our clients success achieve a set of outcomes
The Ideal Person
- Possesses an MBA from a top-tier school • Has experience as a management consultant
- Has 3+ years leadership experience and a track record of delivering results
- Excellent grasp of business strategy PLUS organizational and leadership issues
- Exceptional communication, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel occasionally
What makes a good Trium Manager?
- The belief that work should be about doing something awesome and fulfilling.
- Passionate about helping leaders build healthy, high performing organizations
- Worked in traditional management consulting but found the outside-in approach to be un-inspiring and oftentimes ineffective. (e.g., we know all the answers)
- Worked in an operating role at the types of companies we serve, and have come to appreciate the holistic nature of leadership, culture, and strategy and the role they play in building high-performing organizations
- Shows up with gravitas, confidence, and a relatable personality
- Possesses a responsible mindset with the ability to self-reflect and adjust accordingly
- Strong character with a passion for self-discovery and personal development
- Understands the connection between strong organizational performance, human relationships, and individual mindset
The Trium Group is a West Coast-based management consulting firm that helps organizations solve their most complex strategic, operational, cultural and leadership challenges. Trium delivers its work with a unique, higher-level mission: to change the world by changing the way business leaders think. Since it was founded in 1998, Trium has served more than 150 leading global companies including Activision, Barclays Global Investors, Cisco, Comcast, DropBox, GE, Gap, Genentech, McKesson, NetApp, SAP, Sephora, StubHub, VMware and Virgin Atlantic Airways.